Moreover, due to its many developments, it has become a core component for servers and applications through NodeJS. With UI frameworks like AngularJS, it can also be useful for back-end implementation.
- Web server apps and web servers
- Mobile apps
- Gaming apps
- IoT systems
- Drone and robotic systems
- Virtual reality systems
- Create and develop code for the web application that support client, stakeholder, and end-user requirements
- Collaborate with web designers, UI/UX designers, and other developers to design and implement end-to-end systems and solutions that meet industry standards
- Create prototypes of innovative concepts and designs
- Assist during code testing, debugging, and deployment of improvements and fixes
- Help build reusable code and libraries for future team use
- Analyze code requirements, system risks, and app reliability
- Help deploy code to the live environment
A computer science degree or equivalent is an advantage in the tech industry. However, it is not the only way to become a developer. Now, companies are also hiring skilled candidates with other academic degrees.
- Knowledge of client-side frameworks, such as AngularJS, Ember, Backbone, Knockout, and ReactJS
- Know-how on asynchronous programming and other higher-order functions
- Expertise in writing cross-browser code for applications and websites
- Proficiency in tools (e.g., NodeJS), control systems (e.g., Git, Redux), and libraries (e.g., jQuery)
There are many qualifications you can review based on your company’s discretion. But here are some general requirements that most job ads contain.
- Ability to work in your preferred development environment, like Agile and CICD
- Relevant experience in debugging and optimization
To hire top talent, don’t dismiss the advantages the right soft skills can bring to the table. You should consider looking into these professional qualities in a developer.
- Team player—No developer is an island, even in an offshore team setup. Thus, the willingness to collaborate and maintain a positive team spirit goes a long way in ensuring a strong internal work environment.
- High analytical and problem-solving skills—In certain circumstances, a developer has to think on one’s feet. For this reason alone, the professional should be highly analytical and decisive in circumventing the problems at hand.